It’s been said before – but it’s true.
We’re all getting used to wearing masks these days, but for them to be effective they have to be worn properly – just like knickers.
Here’s my handy guide to wearing masks (and knickers…)
- Don’t go out in public without them.
- Change them every day
- Wash them regularly
- If you’re wearing disposable ones, dispose of them discreetly – in a bin
- Make sure they’re not too loose or too tight
- Don’t wear them on your chin
- Don’t dangle them from one ear
- Don’t leave bits of your anatomy hanging out
- Don’t leave used ones lying around
- Don’t share them with a friend
- Don’t drop them in the street
- Only remove them in private
The big difference between masks and knickers is that you take your mask off when you eat…
If you’re unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, you have my deepest sympathy. I hate having to wear a mask, but not being able to wear one must be worse – I know I would feel very vulnerable, and trying to maintain a 2-metre distance from everyone must be a nightmare.
Scroll all the way down to Follow, Share, Like or Comment on this. And check out my ‘Sixty and Me’ badge.
I always reply to Comments from nice people.